Toilet Problems & Repairs
Of all the plumbing problems at your home or place of business, most people would rank a clogged toilet #1. It’s also one of the most common plumbing problems and one that is normally easy for an experienced plumber to diagnose and repair.
How can you tell what’s ailing your toilet?
- You may have a clog as a result of facial tissue or another product that wasn’t designed to disintegrate like toilet paper.
- If you have young children, the clog could be a bath toy, flushable wipes, diapers, socks, or a cell phone.
- If using a plunger unclogs the toilet, great. However, if the clog is recurring, you will need to call a plumber.
- If your bathroom sink and tub or shower drains well, the trouble is probably a clog in the toilet trap.
- If your sink or other fixtures drains slowly, but is not visibly clogged, you may have a blocked sewer line. You will need a plumber to diagnose and repair this problem.
If it is time for a new toilet such as with new construction or a major renovation), you will need to select and install new commodes. Low-flow toilets, which are required by most local and state laws, use less water per flush, thus helping to conserve water.
You may also wish to consider installing a new toilet with all of the latest “bells and whistles”, including automatic flushing, heated seats, mechanically controlled seats and lids and bidet-like features.
Call the Professionals, Call Chattanooga Plumbing Company
The professionals at Chattanooga Plumbing Company will get you out of hot water by getting you into hot water. If your residential or commercial hot water system is broken or not operating at peak efficiency, please call us at 770-422-PLUM (7586). We will schedule an appointment with one of our licensed plumbers who will give you expert, honest and courteous plumbing advice.